|
Unfortunately, with COVID-19 and social
distancing, getting involved in the community is inherently more challenging.
Don’t let this be an excuse not to get involved; there are still plenty ways to
lend a helping hand. With a few hours of your time, you can easily help those
in need, create a stronger community and grow long-term relationships with
others.
I am sure you are wondering, if I can’t go
places to help, what can I do?
ñ
Volunteer Virtually: Here are a few sites where you can find
openings locally or simply power up the Google machine to find opportunities.
ñ
Buy local: Our small businesses need some love! Support
local/small businesses to give them the opportunity to re-open their doors when
it is time! One way to do this is ordering takeout to help restaurants.
ñ
If you can, donate
to your favorite charities. Many foundations are moving at lightning speed to
help vulnerable populations and could use the donations more than ever.
ñ
Give Blood: Blood drives have been cancelled which has
left the Red Cross facing a shortage in blood to support patients in need. With
the website below, you can find a location in your area to make an appointment.
ñ
Sew Face Masks: If you have a sewing
machine and fabric laying around…it’s that easy. There so many organizations
looking for donations to provide to healthcare workers, at risk individuals and
others in need.
Here are a few organizations looking for
donations: Local Fire Departments, Nexus Family Healing, Dakota County Social
Services, Pride Institute, Bethesda CoVid Hospital - for families of patients
discharged, Allina Mental Health and Addiction.
o If you don’t want to make masks and have elastic let me
know…I know a lot of awesome gals who can use some!
We have homework
to do…Ready, Set, Go!!
Stay
Healthy & Safe!
Career Kate
|
The Art of Networking with Dr. Marcia Ballinger I had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Marcia Ballinger, Co-Founder/Principal of Leafblad, a national executive search firm and renowned author of the book, The 20-Minute Networking Meeting. I invite you to listen to our conversation to learn why networking is important! Click Here for Full Video Good Luck, Stay Healthy, Well and Sane. Career Kate

Comments
Post a Comment