Skip to main content

A Testament of a Community Coming Together





I hope everyone is staying safe! I had the pleasure of having a conversation with Linda Barnhart, retired nurse and burgeoning sewist. 


She shared a great story of how a community came together for the greater purpose of helping others. Linda and at least 12 other sewist who have donated over 3000 masks in the last 2 months! Great job to everyone who has contributed their skills, supplies, and time. This is a fantastic example of how a community coming together can make everyone stronger!


Here is the conversation with Linda Barnhart, where she shares all the work she and others have been doing with mask-making for their community!


Special thanks, to Andersen Corporation's Plant in Bayport, MN and Affinity for Quilting in White Bear Lake, MN.  Affinity for Quilting donated fabric and Andersen's Bayport Plant had many individuals help sew masks. Thank you for all the service everyone has provided.


Additionally, I want to share my appreciation and gratitude to the front-line workers and those supporting them. Thank you for all you are doing within these times!




Best of Luck! Stay Safe, Sane and Healthy!     

Sincerely,

Career Kate
Thank you, Andersen Corporation!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Networking with Dr. Marcia Ballinger I had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Marcia Ballinger, Co-Founder/Principal of Leafblad, a national executive search firm and renowned author of the book, The 20-Minute Networking Meeting. I invite you to listen to our conversation to learn why networking is important! Click Here for Full Video Good Luck, Stay Healthy, Well and Sane. Career Kate
Here is more food for thought if you are in transition or looking to level up your career. I spoke with Karen Kodzik, who is the Founder, President and Career Counselor of Cultivating Careers. She shares a lot of great information on her inspirations, company and book, Navigating Through Now What. Click Here For Full Video Best of Luck! Stay safe, sane and healthy!      Sincerely, Career Kate
Routine for Success - Keep Truckin’ Whether it is working from home, being a teacher to the kiddos, or trying to find a balance between family life and career; making these adjustments can pose challenges to staying on top of all the chaos. Here are a few tips to consider in helping you thrive in this new environment and successfully adjust to the colliding of our work/life worlds.          Stick with a routine: Working from home hasn’t stopped me from waking up at 6:30 to perform my normal routine: I get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, have my coffee, pick out a cute shirt to wear and do my hair and make-up. Don’t worry, I still seize the opportunity to wear yoga pants all day. But this allows me to start my day feeling (and looking!) good and ready for whatever will come next. -         This tip is all about building a structure and routine to help cultivate a positive mindset even if I am...