Skip to main content



Routine for Success - Keep Truckin’



Whether it is working from home, being a teacher to the kiddos, or trying to find a balance between family life and career; making these adjustments can pose challenges to staying on top of all the chaos.



Here are a few tips to consider in helping you thrive in this new environment and successfully adjust to the colliding of our work/life worlds.



  •          Stick with a routine: Working from home hasn’t stopped me from waking up at 6:30 to perform my normal routine: I get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, have my coffee, pick out a cute shirt to wear and do my hair and make-up. Don’t worry, I still seize the opportunity to wear yoga pants all day. But this allows me to start my day feeling (and looking!) good and ready for whatever will come next.

-        This tip is all about building a structure and routine to help cultivate a positive mindset even if I am not leaving the house or seeing anyone besides my husband. I am sure I am not alone on this one, but I spend most of my workdays on video and phone calls, I want to ensure I am standing by my mantra of dressing for success. As for positive mindset, it doesn’t hurt that traffic to the office is going to be breezy! At the same token, when I get back to my new normal, I don’t want to feel like I just came out of a 4-5-week quarantine being a lazy bump on a log.

  •          Productivity is key but also remember to schedule “Me” time: workout, read a book, meditation, or the silly game on your phone. I have found, if I am not taking time for myself, I am neglecting my mind, body, and what both are telling me. A wise saying by Rupi Kaur “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.”

  •          Set goals for yourself and provide small rewards (a piece of chocolate, a walk around the neighborhood, watching your favorite TV show, you name it). 

  •          Take a moment to understand the motivating factors! Is it to search for a job? To be an “A” player at your job? Being the best you can be for the family and kids? Knowing your “Why?” will help define your routine to success.


The most important thing we can do at this time is to be nice to ourselves. The worst thing we could do is to take outside factors out on ourselves and others, especially once we cannot control ourselves. We must keep our head up, right the wave, because we will come out of this together and stronger!

Best of Luck! Stay Safe, Sane and Healthy!     


Sincerely,


Career Kate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here is more food for thought if you are in transition or looking to level up your career. I spoke with Karen Kodzik, who is the Founder, President and Career Counselor of Cultivating Careers. She shares a lot of great information on her inspirations, company and book, Navigating Through Now What. Click Here For Full Video Best of Luck! Stay safe, sane and healthy!      Sincerely, Career Kate

May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month -- Kortney Rose Foundation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61BmC-D7lqo&t=195s May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month  Kortney Rose Foundation As you may know, one of my passions is to help recognition the accomplishments of strong women who are doing fantastic things within our communities.   With that being said, May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month. I had the pleasure speaking with the Founder of The Kortney Rose Foundation, Kristen Gillette. I learned so much from our conversation and hope you do as well! To learn more about The Kortney Rose Foundation, get involved, and donate, please visit their website, and follow their social media pages noted below! To get involved with the HOPE and KINDNESS Initiative  click here . -         Website:   https://thekortneyrosefoundation.org/ -         Facebook: @thekortneyrosefoundation -         Instagram:  @thekortneyrosefoundation  -         Twitter: @Krtneyrose4cure Best of Luck! Stay Safe, Sane and Healthy
The Art of Networking with Dr. Marcia Ballinger I had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Marcia Ballinger, Co-Founder/Principal of Leafblad, a national executive search firm and renowned author of the book, The 20-Minute Networking Meeting. I invite you to listen to our conversation to learn why networking is important! Click Here for Full Video Good Luck, Stay Healthy, Well and Sane. Career Kate